So... Christmas Eve. we get together with my Moms side of the family Aunts,Uncles,Cousins and Grandparents for a prime rib dinner that we LOVE we had a ton of fum opened some gifts and sat and talked and ate with the family!
And this year since it was our first Christmas in our own place and married it was fun for us we woke up early and played Santa it was fun! Then we went back to sleep...got up again got ready and went to start our new routine!
Well... the plan was to go to my sister Kuuipo's house for breakfast and to see what Santa brought the babies,then go to Grandma Kings to meet up with ALL the family and eat some more, and off to Matina's parents for more presents and eating and then meet back at my parents to hang out and eat more lol...(I think thats all us polynesians do is eat.)
Anyhow things did not go too well Matina left first in my Dads truck since he had to pick up my parents suprise gift a new washer & dryer, and I followed in our car I was about 15min behind him and the wheather was INSANE by our house.... We could not see ANYTHING and I thought I could make it thru but didn't as I passed 4 stuck cars I finally got stuck so I got out of the car in my new outfit and tried to push myself out I was so so cold and the wind and snow drift was so bad I got back in.
Then some freak in a tractor came heading toward me so I rolled down the window yelling and waving my arms and flashing my lights so he would stop he did about 10 ft away from me and then backed up....
Matina was stuck in the truck about 3 blocks infront of me and along with 5 other cars. So... after about 30 min. my sisters called looking for us and I told them I was stuck they said my brother in laws Myron and Ray would come help and I told them not to even try because even the plows could not move and other trucks and suv's.
After about an hour of trying to free myself I got back into the car soaking wet,wet hair,mascara dripping down my face and freezing and just cried lol...Kass called again and I cried more....Tina called again and I cried even more lol... After sitting there for another 30 min a knock was on my window and Myron and Ray came to the rescue! They dug out my car got me down the neighborhood and went back for Matina. When I got to Kuuipos I cried more since the voys looked like they had jumped in a swimming pool and didn't have gloves and Matina was still stuck, the babies made me some hot cocoa and I dried my clothes about 40min later the boys made it home!!!
Even though the blizzard sucked we ended up doing our routine still and LOVED our day!! Christmas is still our favorite holiday, blizzards or no blizzards.
And this was really one of the BEST!
Our Grandparents and Cousins

9 comments:
That did suck! Glad the day ened up nice anyway!
Awww that snow was terrible. Good thing you had the best BIL to come and save the day and you have the number one husband to go and do Mom and Dads gift all by himself.. sheesh! What a day... At least Guitar Hero ended the day with a bang..:)
Man that does suck! I love the snow, but it was terrible on Christmas day making it hard for us all to get around. hope you had a great day and have a Happy New Years!
aaww.. Kamie! Glad things worked out in the end. Have a happier new years day! Love ya... *ruby*
Wow! What an eventful day! I'm sorry that it started out so crappy! I hate driving in the snow, that is horrible that you and Matina both got stuck! Glad to hear it all ended well, and that you guys still had a great Christmas!
Kam-
WOW- I'm so laughing at your blog...I'm so glad it ended on a good note! Your too cute! I would have cried too...well maybe not as much...LOL! I'm glad you and Tina had a memorable Christmas! Have a wonderful New Years! Love ya!
Kamie I am so glad nothing happened to you guys! It was scary driving around in that crap. Makes great memories of your first Christmas together though huh? Have a Happy New Year!
NO WAY KAMI! Is that really what I'm seeing on your web page heading? KAMI Please update? Are you????
Okay Kami I got the scoop from the number one news cast correspondent....TIANA! Congrats Missy! Please tell Tina too! Love you guys!
Post a Comment