
Mommys first time holding baby!

Daddy and Elway at the hospital! Sleeps just like Dad!
Our beautiful baby boy joined us August 22nd 2009 baby Elway King Aiono 8lbs 5oz 21inch. And loving every bit of him! I started having contractions on that Thursday before and felt really exhausted it got worse on Friday so I went with Kassie and Toa to the mall for some last minute pick ups and to try to walk the baby out of me and it worked!
Friday night Matina and I got to the hospital about 8:00pm I was at a 4 and they had us wait another 3 hours until the Doctor finally came in and broke my water. Contractions were coming harder and stronger and closer so I got my epidural (thank goodness) and we went on with the night.
I kept having really hard contractions and everytime I did babys heart rate would drop to the low 60's high 60's and the nurse would have to reach in there and tickle his head to get him up and going again. The 3rd time this happened after 2 rounds of pushing the doctor wanted to wait a bit longer to see how baby does, try again, and if not go into a c-section.
So... 3rd round of pushing our little guy was just having to much ofa tough time coming thru my small pelvis and we went in for an emergency c-section I was so relieved to get one because evertime his heart would drop I would get sooo scared!
Finally that Saturday morning 7:05am we welcomed him in the world!
Matina was such a great coach and was so excited about everything only I can get rushed into the operating room and yell to the nurse to get the camera!
I was also lucky to have my parents,sisters, mother in law, sister in-laws and baby Toa there to greet us on our way out!!
Welcome home Elway......
We chose this name Matina came up with Elway long before I was pregnant as you can tell he is a die hard Bronco fan and I liked Elway better than Champ lol... It took us 5 days to choose his middle name so we went with King which is my Moms maiden name!! So far being a Mommy is the best thing I love holding him and kissing him and just staring at his cute little face!
On our way home from the hospital!


Already has big smiles!
9 comments:
He is so stinking cute and I was happy they took him cesarean too because I was getting nervous when you pushed. Good thing for modern day procedures! I love your little guy and you are the best mom!
He really is such a little cutie! I am so happy for you. And I am glad to hear that everything went well! Congrats!
:) He is so cute!!! Enjoy this time with him, they grow to fast!
I am so glad he is finally here and that your feet did not pop! :) I am looking forward to seeing your little guy. Work just isn't the same without you!
Congratulations, I am soo happy for you. He is so sweet! The pictures are adorable. You are the cutest little fam :)
Wow! I am so scared of c sections. You will have to tell me all about it. I want to come visit soon!!
Charlie's heart rate kept dropping too, so they couldn't give me anymore pitosin to speed it up- which is why it went for 18 hours! And at the end, they told me I needed a c section, but I begged them not to. And so I didn't have one:)
You both look beautiful!!
p.s. I like Elway better than Champ too. haha
congrats on the baby. Sorry you had to have a c-section, I had one with this pregnancy too, but at least I had more time to soak it all in. I hope you have a quick recovery.
Congratulations! He is adorable.
Congratz Kamie and Matina! He is so adorably handsome! I love his name too! Hope he's the best baby for you! Know that we're thinking of you's! *pala & ruby*
Post a Comment